Learning from the toy apps¶
UBOS provides two “toy” apps that help explain how to package and distribute real web apps on UBOS:
- “Hello World” is an extremely simple Web applications that just displays Hello World when accessed over the web. We use it to give you a taste for what is involved to package a real web application for UBOS.
- “Glad-I-Was-Here” is a slightly more complex “guestbook” web application that uses a
relational database to store the guestbook entries. We use it to illustrate how to package
web apps that use a database. It comes in three versions:
- one implemented in PHP with a MySQL backend, called gladiwashere;
- one implemented in PHP with a Postgresql backend, called gladiwashere-postgresql; and
- one in Java with a MySQL backend, called gladiwashere-java.
You may want to read through the documentation for these apps in this sequence: