Beta 1 Release Notes¶
As behooves a beta 1, there are some known issues.
- Invoking ubos-admin more than once simultaneously may have unpredictable results. See https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-admin/issues/19.
- Backups always contain key material. See https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-admin/issues/13.
- There is currently no command that can show which apps and accessories are available for install. See https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-admin/issues/11. For now, refer to the UBOS Beta 1 available blog post.
- Need more ubos-admin sub-commands to modify existing sites and to create SSL sites. Note: you can always use ubos-admin deploy and ubos-admin undeploy directly. See issues https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-admin/issues/10, https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-admin/issues/8 and https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-admin/issues/6.
- Some sections in the documentation are still placeholders. See documentation issues https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-docs/issues.
- The grub bootloader reports the operating system as “Arch”, not “UBOS”. See https://github.com/uboslinux/macrobuild-ubos/issues/2.
- UBOS currently misses some tools to install UBOS on a hard drive after booting from a USB stick. See https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-buildconfig/issues/1.
- Added: cloud-init produces many messages (including apparent errors and warnings) on the console. These are harmless, but annoying. See https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-admin/issues/22.
UBOS may take some time before it is ready to be used after the first boot. The Raspberry Pi is not very fast, and UBOS needs to generate a number of cryptographic keys before it is ready. To check status, execute:
If you execute ubos-admin before UBOS is ready, it will ask you to try again later.
Specific to particular applications¶
- ownCloud must not be installed at the wildcard (“*”) host; instead, an valid DNS name must be used. See https://github.com/uboslinux/ubos-owncloud/issues/1.
Last updated: 2014-12-08 10:30 PST