Release Notes: Update 2019-04-02 (yellow channel)¶
To be safe, first create a backup of all your sites to a suitable file, with a command such as:
- sudo ubos-admin backup --backuptodirectory ~
Then, update your device:
- sudo ubos-admin update -v
Notable new packages:¶
Several new Nextcloud “apps” are now available on UBOS:
- nextcloud-bruteforcesettings: protect Nextcloud servers from attempts to guess user passwords in various ways
- nextcloud-deck: kanban style organization tool aimed at personal planning and project organization for teams integrated with Nextcloud
- nextcloud-files-rightclick: allows users and developers to have a right click menu
- nextcloud-group-everyone: adds a virtual “Everyone” group.
- nextcloud-groupfolders: admin configured folders shared by everyone in a group
- nextcloud-passwords: allows you to store your passwords safely with Nextcloud
- nextcloud-socialsharing-email: enable direct sharing of files via email, using shared links
- nextcloud-socialsharing-facebook: enable direct sharing of files via Facebook, using shared links
- nextcloud-socialsharing-twitter: enable direct sharing of files via Twitter, using shared links.
There were 14 new or upgraded packages in total.
Fixes and improvements:¶
- Resolves a character-set issue sporadically producing errors in the Nextcloud user interface.
- ubos-admin status emits some (harmless) errors under some circumstances.
- Running Pagekite with ubos-admin start-pagekite on a device that runs a wildcard site (ie a site whose hostname was specified as *) may not forward the traffic correctly. Redeploy the site with its public hostname instead.