Release Notes: UBOS update 2020-02-17¶
To be safe, first create a backup of all your sites to a suitable file, with a command such as:
- sudo ubos-admin backup --all --backuptodirectory ~
Then, update your device:
- sudo ubos-admin update -v
- System logs are now written onto the UBOS Staff when booted while it is present. This makes troubleshooting of issues on devices that don’t have an associated keyboard or monitor much simpler.
- UBOS now knows how to handle major Postgres updates automatically.
- The Storj decentralized storage platform is now available on the UBOS “yellow” release channel. Storj provides functionality similar to Amazon Web Services’ S3, but instead of sending your data to somebody else’s cloud, Storj breaks it down into small, encrypted pieces and stores them on computers owned by users like you. You can also offer part of your own disk to other users, all at prices that are lowed than S3. For details, see the UBOS documentation on Storj. (Feedback appreciated!)
Notable new packages:¶
- Arduino command-line tools
- Platform.io command-line tools
Over 600 packages were upgraded.
If you receive a message about “unknown trust” when installing a package or updating your system, see this FAQ.