- How to make an App available on UBOS: Overview
Setting up a UBOS development machine
- Prepare a PC to develop for UBOS using Arch Linux
- Prepare a VirtualBox virtual machine to develop for UBOS using Arch Linux
- Continuing the Arch Linux installation on a PC or virtual machine
- Finishing the Arch development installation by adding UBOS tools
- Testing your App in a UBOS container running on the Arch Linux development host
Learning from the toy apps
- Hello World
- Glad-I-Was-Here (PHP, MySQL)
- An Accessory for Glad-I-Was-Here (PHP, MySQL)
- Glad-I-Was-Here (PHP, Postgresql)
- Glad-I-Was-Here (Java, MySQL)
- Glad-I-Was-Here (Python, MySQL)
- A more complex deployment example
- Testing UBOS Apps with "webapptest"
- UBOS build and release process
- UBOS Manifest
- Site JSON
- UBOS Backup format
- UBOS Networking
- Format of the App Status JSON
- UBOS state
- Well-known ports for Apps and Accessories
- Understanding ubos-admin
- Node.js notes
- SMTP notes
Potentially useful infrastructure
- The UBOS rsync server
Tips and tricks for development
- Debugging a Java/Tomcat App
- Quickly setting up a Shepherd account in a UBOS container
- Rapid create/test cycle for UBOS Packages
- Using up a local Depot
- Doesn’t apt / dpkg / yum / pacman etc. do this already already?
- Doesn’t puppet / chef / ansible etc. do this already?
- What about docker?
- Why do you advise against using a Raspberry Pi or other ARM device as a UBOS development machine?
- Why do you recommend to use Arch Linux as the development host system instead of UBOS itself?