What we'd love to build / see built on the UBOS Personal Data Mesh
An overview over use case categories:
Import data from where it exists today:
- Data rights manager
- Exercise right of access
- Exercise right to delete.
User for their own benefit
- Data palace, personal archive
- The place for information work
- Unified personal news feed with pluggable algorithms
- Self-tracking, self-analytics
- Personal AIs
When interacting with others like them
- Decentralized publishing and sharing
- Decentralized social media
- About me page
- Productivity environment for groups
- Data-rich community spaces
When interacting with businesses
- Personalization endpoint
- Data sharing contract negotiator
- Identitiy and data provider
- Intelligent agent / empowered digital twin
- Demand channels
- Offer channels
- VRM use cases
Here is a collection of ideas.
More importers, of course
The rest of Google:
Gmail. Parse senders and receivers, augment address book. Keep threads.
The rest of Facebook, including:
- Location. Needs to be merged with Google’s.
Amazon, in particular:
LinkedIn, further augmenting the address book.
Netflix watching history.
macOS address book
Web browsing history. Needs a browser plugin? Maybe a bookmarklet?
Banking and credit card info
Various data brokers
Easy correction of misidentified people / profile matches.
Augment Person Viewlet so other properties can be edited easily, like addresses, e-mail etc
Address book record “aging” … people who we haven’t had contact with in a long time “fade out” of the work set.
various graphs with self-analytics, e.g. photo post frequency, Facebook post frequency, most common e-mail addressees etc
A “room” is a workbench created for, and optimized for the needs of a particular use case.
A “project room”
Different variations depending on the type of project. Has:
- to-do items
- “in-box” with bookmarked URLs. When bookmarking anything, a special flag tags the bookmark to be relevant for this project, and then it shows up in its in-box until “worked down”.
- list of stakeholders (relationships to instances of Person) with a project-specific set of notes.
Special case of a “project room”. Can be applied to different types of research, e.g. competitor research (“market for X”) or product research (“Which CLR should I buy?”).
- list of products/companies, each with a description, link that’s specific to the project
- list of “features”, each of which defines a data type (e.g. boolean: product does / does not have certain feature like “Japanese user manual”, or weight)
- fill in “matrix” between company/product and feature
- relationship to bookmarks, identifying the source of the information for the value in the matrix.