See also Command reference.
This command is only a very shallow wrapper around ubos-admin deploy which:
- creates a Site JSON file from information provided interactively by the user on the terminal;
- optionally, generates an openssl key pair and a self-signed certificate and inserts those into the Site JSON file;
- optionally, obtains a Letsencrypt SSL/TLS certificate. Due to the way Letsencrypt operates, this only works on devices that have a publicly accessible IP address and public DNS has been set up to resolve the hostname of the to-be-created Site to that device.
- deploys the generated Site JSON file using ubos-admin deploy.
- if a template file is provided on the command line, the user will only be asked for information that is not already contained in the template file.
It exists to make it easier for new users to successfully deploy an App to their device without having to edit Site JSON files directly.
Unless the --dry-run command is given, this command must be run as root (sudo ubos-admin createsite).